Sunday, July 24, 2011

Limits.

During my run with my tri friends this morning, I was reminded of the incredible episode of Radiolab where Julie Moss is interviewed about her experience at Kona, where she had the famous super gnarly meltdown and somehow summoned the strength to crawl her way (yes literally) to the finish. This episode is one of the things that inspired me to go ahead and reach for the full length tri.. the idea of pushing up against a wall within yourself, breaking it down, and finding behind it what you're really made of... call me freakish, but that appeals to me deeply at a true fundamental level. I've always loved a challenge, and I always thrive under pressure... I guess it's because I believe who we are is forged in the fire. My life wasn't pressurized enough, so, I guess I'm creating this insane set of circumstances to test my mettle anew. It's been four years since I moved to Los Angeles, time for a challenge, right?

Here is a link to the podcast of that inspiring show... might not make you want to do an Ironman, but might help those who don't understand the whole torturous ordeal what kind of awesome nasty glory it really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment